Looking for a way to share in the ministry or work in a special way this holiday season? Look no further! There are several special needs that you or your Sunday School class or Bible Study group or family could help with.
Renovation of the guest apartment to host people in need of care, counseling, and retreat - La Posada means ‘inn’ in Spanish, with particular reference to the biblical inn in the Christmas story. It is a place of refuge. We regularly host missionaries and other humanitarian and ministry workers for a period of a week to 10 days for a time of specialized care, coaching, training, and rest. Our current project is to outfit a large one-room studio apartment for this purpose - to be La Posada, a refuge, a place to stay in your time of need. We have been gathering furniture pieces, bed linens, odds and ends, but we are missing some crucial pieces to make this a nice haven for weary workers. Would you or your class or family consider a special gift for La Posada?
* $700 will purchase (2) sofas for the apartment (COMPLETE! Thank you!!!)
* $600 will purchase (3) mattresses (we already have bed frames) (COMPLETE! Thank you!!!)
* $5800 will allow us to install a dedicated bathroom for the guest apartment - currently, guests need to go upstairs and use a common bath/shower area.
* $1200 will allow us to add a small kitchenette (sink, coffee area, microwave, mini fridge, cabinets)
* $400 will put a TV in the apartment (COMPLETE! Thank you!!!)
Other ways to help:
* $1200 would allow us to repair the fireplace in our main room so we can use it. Spanish homes do not have heat. It is getting pretty chilly now, with frost in the mornings. Small electric space heaters are not sufficient for the space.
* $940 would sponsor us to travel to train and mentor a young team working in a security sensitive location. They have asked us to come in the Spring of 2018.
* A monthly partnership gift of $30 or $50 or $100 - any amount! - helps us stay in the field and continue working with the local community, local church, leadership development and discipleship. We need monthly partnership in order to minister to others. Your partnership is the only way we can continue to work in Spain and around the globe.
To give to any of these needs (all or in part), simply mail in the form on the back of this newsletter or go online at www.tms-global.org/give and donate to our account DRUM 0321, and specify in the special notes what you would like to give toward. Thank you for rising up to meet the needs!
Who am I? In my USA life, I was a teacher in Texas for 15 years. I was also a professional photographer, a Southern Living / Martha Stewart wannabe, a soccer mom, and a short term mission team coordinator / intern director for missions in Mexico... you name it, I probably tried it!
In 2006, my husband Billy and I became cross-cultural workers (CCWs) with TMS Global. For five years, we served in three rural Quechua Wanca villages in the Andes of Peru. And when I say rural, I mean RURAL - like no potty! We have three incredible children... two adult boys who live in Texas, and the Sarah (14) lives with us in whatever country we are serving. I'm still teaching, still taking photos, still leading teams and mentoring, I just do it all in full-time service now! And I'm working hard at giving Southern Living and Martha Stewart a run for their money! I spent my days in Peru learning to live a Quechua lifestyle in a rustic adobe house - cooking Peruvian foods, sewing with Quechua women, raising my chickens and goats and pigs, and planting my gardens. Now I live my life in small town Spain, serving other cross-cultural workers and immigrant peoples, writing, and trying to figure out what life looks like for a Texas girl serving Christ in Southern Europe. Life in His service is AWESOME! I'm happy to share it with you here... Enjoy!