These last two months, we have been having an abnormal amount of stress and tough days. After a long conversation with some friends, we decided to make a list of the things that we are hoping for, dreaming for, aching for… the things that we would like to see really improve and change. (see list at below) We invite you to please join us as we pray for these big-picture situations. Print out this list and put it somewhere that you will see it each day… stick it on the fridge or in your daily planner or on the dinner table, copy it and share it with your Sunday School group, etc.… We would love to know that we have people out there praying these big things for us and with us. Let us know if you are joining us!
· That we would be vital members of our community in Spain
· For improved communication in our marriage, for everything to be seasoned with love and grace
· That we would grow and become better care providers for workers around the world
· For team dynamics and loving, supportive community
· For improved communications with our family in the USA
· For healthy lifestyle amidst the challenges of living overseas
· That we would each develop deep and lasting friendships in Spain, no loneliness or disconnection
· That our home would be open and welcoming and give peace to all who enter
· That we would have more doors open to us to work in the refugee and immigrant community
· That we would hear from God about our involvement in the local church
· That our Home Team and community and supporting churches in the US would be anchors of authentic connection and support
· For Kingdom-thinking to break forth in Antequera
· For people to live out the beauty of Kingdom and “love your neighbor” in our community
· For La Posada care apartment and ministry to be used to it’s potential and purpose
· For improved financial provision so we can continue to work and serve others
· For our family to be growing in The Word and in prayer and faithfilled community with others
· For Antequera to have a beautiful model of church and Christian community
· For a movement of small groups, house churches, and dinner church groups to take hold and grow and live out the beauty of faith communities
· For us to each feel valued and feel that we are using our unique gifts and talents in ways that make a difference to others and to the Kingdom
Who am I? In my USA life, I was a teacher in Texas for 15 years. I was also a professional photographer, a Southern Living / Martha Stewart wannabe, a soccer mom, and a short term mission team coordinator / intern director for missions in Mexico... you name it, I probably tried it!
In 2006, my husband Billy and I became cross-cultural workers (CCWs) with TMS Global. For five years, we served in three rural Quechua Wanca villages in the Andes of Peru. And when I say rural, I mean RURAL - like no potty! We have three incredible children... two adult boys who live in Texas, and the Sarah (14) lives with us in whatever country we are serving. I'm still teaching, still taking photos, still leading teams and mentoring, I just do it all in full-time service now! And I'm working hard at giving Southern Living and Martha Stewart a run for their money! I spent my days in Peru learning to live a Quechua lifestyle in a rustic adobe house - cooking Peruvian foods, sewing with Quechua women, raising my chickens and goats and pigs, and planting my gardens. Now I live my life in small town Spain, serving other cross-cultural workers and immigrant peoples, writing, and trying to figure out what life looks like for a Texas girl serving Christ in Southern Europe. Life in His service is AWESOME! I'm happy to share it with you here... Enjoy!