We have a pretty exciting schedule this summer, and YOU are a part of it!
· June 14...Sarah graduates from ESO (secondary school). I can’t even. When did she grow up?
· June 23… Laurie flies to Central America to be a part of the TMS training team. Once a year, TMS holds a two-week international intensive to train new cross-cultural workers. This year, we will be training workers from several Latin American countries and the USA to go out and serve in countries all over the globe. Laurie will be teaching modules on culture, cross-cultural communications, and worldview.
· July 6… Billy and Sarah fly to the UK with the Coro San Sebastian de Antequera, a performance choir from our community that Billy has been singing with this year. They will be performing in Wales. In return, a choir from Wales will be visiting our area in Spain in the Fall in a cultural exchange. Billy will also be attending coursework at Redcliffe College in the UK during July.
· Mid-July… Sarah will fly to the USA and meet up with Laurie (flying in from Central America). We’ll be meeting up with Laurie’s mom in Colorado and helping her drive down to Texas for a visit.
· July 23… TEXAS!!! Billy will fly in to Austin and we’ll finally all be on Texas soil! We’ll be staying in the Bryan / College Station / Brazos valley area till the end of August and we would LOVE TO SEE YOU!!! Both of the boys are now living in B/CS and we aren’t going ANYWHERE! We’re going to hang out in the same town with our kids and granddaughter Lily as much as possible, and get to see friends in B/CS a lot!!!
***Special thanks to our Home Team folks who have opened up their homes and agreed to host us while we are in Texas. And to The Johnsons who are loaning us a vehicle while we’re Stateside.
July 24-August 31…
· We are available for visiting, meals, hanging out, Game Night, speaking at church or bible study or Sunday school, cookouts, lake time, the zoo, the museum, plenty of Mexican food, etc. ALL THE THINGS! We want to do all the things! Send us dates… let’s make plans!
· I want to go to Target and Hobby Lobby and Michaels and every office supply store known to man. I want to go sit in libraries and book stores because I miss that!
· I want tacos and enchiladas and anything Cajun or Mexican or Texan. BEEF! We want beef! And spicy… anything spicy! And Blue Bell. Oh Heavens, thank you for Blue Bell! And Shipley’s!!! And real hamburgers. And barbeque!!! (We might need to visit a gym or two, or ten!!!Anybody got connections at the gym?)
· I really want to get family photos done while we’re in Texas, so if anyone knows photographers in the area, let me know, please!!!
· Horse people… Sarah will be away from her horse and riding for two months, which might kill her, so if you can connect a very experienced, competitive rider with a mount (or at least a ride or two) during August, we would be forever grateful!!!
Looking forward to seeing friends and family and soaking in all of the Texas-ness that we can while we're back this summer! Hope to see you and spend some time catching up. Let's make a plan!
In my USA life, I was a teacher in Texas for 15 years. I was also a professional photographer, a soccer mom, a horsewoman, and the neighborhood hospitality queen. I did "Joanna Gaines farmhouse style" before Chip and JoJo were even a thing - we restored an 1884 Victorian farmhouse in small town Texas and did shiplap walls until I thought I'd go crazy. I taught at NASA, scuba dived with astronauts in training, and studied animals at Sea World for educational purposes. I've tried just about everything, because I have an insatiable need to know if I can do it! Never underestimate a Texas girl in cowboy boots!
In 2006, my husband Billy and I became cross-cultural workers (CCWs) with TMS Global. For five years, we served in three rural Quechua Wanca villages in the Andes of Peru. And when I say rural, I mean RURAL - like no potty! I spent my days in Peru learning to live a Quechua lifestyle in a rustic adobe house - cooking Peruvian foods, sewing with Quechua women, raising my chickens and goats and pigs, and planting my gardens. Now I live my life in small town Spain, serving other cross-cultural workers via teaching and training and care, and helping displaced people to navigate their new reality in Europe.
I'm passionate about fostering personal growth, growth in community, and growth in The Kingdom. Walking alongside others and helping them to use their unique design, their gifts and strengths and maximize their abilities to fulfill their God-given purpose - that's what makes my heart sing!