These last two months, we have been having an abnormal amount of stress and tough days. After a long conversation with some friends, we decided to make a list of the things that we are hoping for, dreaming for, aching for… the things that we would like to see really improve and change. (see list at below) We invite you to please join us as we pray for these big-picture situations. Print out this list and put it somewhere that you will see it each day… stick it on the fridge or in your daily planner or on the dinner table, copy it and share it with your Sunday School group, etc.… We would love to know that we have people out there praying these big things for us and with us. Let us know if you are joining us!
· That we would be vital members of our community in Spain
· For improved communication in our marriage, for everything to be seasoned with love and grace
· That we would grow and become better care providers for workers around the world
· For team dynamics and loving, supportive community
· For improved communications with our family in the USA
· For healthy lifestyle amidst the challenges of living overseas
· That we would each develop deep and lasting friendships in Spain, no loneliness or disconnection
· That our home would be open and welcoming and give peace to all who enter
· That we would have more doors open to us to work in the refugee and immigrant community
· That we would hear from God about our involvement in the local church
· That our Home Team and community and supporting churches in the US would be anchors of authentic connection and support
· For Kingdom-thinking to break forth in Antequera
· For people to live out the beauty of Kingdom and “love your neighbor” in our community
· For La Posada care apartment and ministry to be used to it’s potential and purpose
· For improved financial provision so we can continue to work and serve others
· For our family to be growing in The Word and in prayer and faithfilled community with others
· For Antequera to have a beautiful model of church and Christian community
· For a movement of small groups, house churches, and dinner church groups to take hold and grow and live out the beauty of faith communities
· For us to each feel valued and feel that we are using our unique gifts and talents in ways that make a difference to others and to the Kingdom
11/11/2018 06:31:33 am
Driving home to Virginia from Norcross last week after the TMS Board meeting, John and I agreed to be more intentional about holding up the TMS CCWs in our morning prayers. We will add your prayer concern list to John’s prayer journal. He has recently renamed it his miracle journal.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
In my USA life, I was a teacher in Texas for 15 years. I was also a professional photographer, a soccer mom, a horsewoman, and the neighborhood hospitality queen. I did "Joanna Gaines farmhouse style" before Chip and JoJo were even a thing - we restored an 1884 Victorian farmhouse in small town Texas and did shiplap walls until I thought I'd go crazy. I taught at NASA, scuba dived with astronauts in training, and studied animals at Sea World for educational purposes. I've tried just about everything, because I have an insatiable need to know if I can do it! Never underestimate a Texas girl in cowboy boots!
In 2006, my husband Billy and I became cross-cultural workers (CCWs) with TMS Global. For five years, we served in three rural Quechua Wanca villages in the Andes of Peru. And when I say rural, I mean RURAL - like no potty! I spent my days in Peru learning to live a Quechua lifestyle in a rustic adobe house - cooking Peruvian foods, sewing with Quechua women, raising my chickens and goats and pigs, and planting my gardens. Now I live my life in small town Spain, serving other cross-cultural workers via teaching and training and care, and helping displaced people to navigate their new reality in Europe.
I'm passionate about fostering personal growth, growth in community, and growth in The Kingdom. Walking alongside others and helping them to use their unique design, their gifts and strengths and maximize their abilities to fulfill their God-given purpose - that's what makes my heart sing!