We are honored by your faithfulness to partner with us in prayer for the things that we see happening in the world and for the ministry that we partner in with you. Thank you for laboring with us!
· Praises for our recent travels to Morocco to learn and to train with TMS leaders from around the globe!
· Praises for the Bosnia trip and for the important work that we were able to participate in there, as well as for the development and learning that we received.
· Praises for our ability to take Pastor Miguel with us to Bosnia. SPECIAL THANKS to those who stepped up and funded this very transformational time for him!!! We couldn’t have done it without you! You guys are superheroes!!!
· Please pray for our friend, *Ahmed. He has completed his first 6 months in an asylum placement center and is now moving out and integrating in to an apartment in Antequera. He has another 6 months of relocation and integration support, and then he will have to be fully on his own. Pray for this time of learning and growth, and especially for him to feel loved and welcomed in Spain… his new home.
· Pray for our team as we work to help Miguel with new vision and new initiatives for neighboring well with refugees entering our community.
· Pray for us as we continue to care for other CCWs and host people in the La Posada care apartment. Just today, we had to turn away 2 different requests for dates because we are already booked with care services and debrief sessions. It’s a busy season!
In my USA life, I was a teacher in Texas for 15 years. I was also a professional photographer, a soccer mom, a horsewoman, and the neighborhood hospitality queen. I did "Joanna Gaines farmhouse style" before Chip and JoJo were even a thing - we restored an 1884 Victorian farmhouse in small town Texas and did shiplap walls until I thought I'd go crazy. I taught at NASA, scuba dived with astronauts in training, and studied animals at Sea World for educational purposes. I've tried just about everything, because I have an insatiable need to know if I can do it! Never underestimate a Texas girl in cowboy boots!
In 2006, my husband Billy and I became cross-cultural workers (CCWs) with TMS Global. For five years, we served in three rural Quechua Wanca villages in the Andes of Peru. And when I say rural, I mean RURAL - like no potty! I spent my days in Peru learning to live a Quechua lifestyle in a rustic adobe house - cooking Peruvian foods, sewing with Quechua women, raising my chickens and goats and pigs, and planting my gardens. Now I live my life in small town Spain, serving other cross-cultural workers via teaching and training and care, and helping displaced people to navigate their new reality in Europe.
I'm passionate about fostering personal growth, growth in community, and growth in The Kingdom. Walking alongside others and helping them to use their unique design, their gifts and strengths and maximize their abilities to fulfill their God-given purpose - that's what makes my heart sing!