Ways you and your friends can help...
Looking for a way to share in the ministry or work in a special way this holiday season? Look no further! There are several special needs that you or your Sunday School class or Bible Study group or family could help with.
Renovation of the guest apartment to host people in need of care, counseling, and retreat - La Posada means ‘inn’ in Spanish, with particular reference to the biblical inn in the Christmas story. It is a place of refuge. We regularly host missionaries and other humanitarian and ministry workers for a period of a week to 10 days for a time of specialized care, coaching, training, and rest. Our current project is to outfit a large one-room studio apartment for this purpose - to be La Posada, a refuge, a place to stay in your time of need. We have been gathering furniture pieces, bed linens, odds and ends, but we are missing some crucial pieces to make this a nice haven for weary workers. Would you or your class or family consider a special gift for La Posada?
* $700 will purchase (2) sofas for the apartment (COMPLETE! Thank you!!!)
* $600 will purchase (3) mattresses (we already have bed frames) (COMPLETE! Thank you!!!)
* $5800 will allow us to install a dedicated bathroom for the guest apartment - currently, guests need to go upstairs and use a common bath/shower area.
* $1200 will allow us to add a small kitchenette (sink, coffee area, microwave, mini fridge, cabinets)
* $400 will put a TV in the apartment (COMPLETE! Thank you!!!)
Other ways to help:
* $1200 would allow us to repair the fireplace in our main room so we can use it. Spanish homes do not have heat. It is getting pretty chilly now, with frost in the mornings. Small electric space heaters are not sufficient for the space.
* $940 would sponsor us to travel to train and mentor a young team working in a security sensitive location. They have asked us to come in the Spring of 2018.
* A monthly partnership gift of $30 or $50 or $100 - any amount! - helps us stay in the field and continue working with the local community, local church, leadership development and discipleship. We need monthly partnership in order to minister to others. Your partnership is the only way we can continue to work in Spain and around the globe.
To give to any of these needs (all or in part), simply mail in the form on the back of this newsletter or go online at www.tms-global.org/give and donate to our account DRUM 0321, and specify in the special notes what you would like to give toward. Thank you for rising up to meet the needs!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
In my USA life, I was a teacher in Texas for 15 years. I was also a professional photographer, a soccer mom, a horsewoman, and the neighborhood hospitality queen. I did "Joanna Gaines farmhouse style" before Chip and JoJo were even a thing - we restored an 1884 Victorian farmhouse in small town Texas and did shiplap walls until I thought I'd go crazy. I taught at NASA, scuba dived with astronauts in training, and studied animals at Sea World for educational purposes. I've tried just about everything, because I have an insatiable need to know if I can do it! Never underestimate a Texas girl in cowboy boots!
In 2006, my husband Billy and I became cross-cultural workers (CCWs) with TMS Global. For five years, we served in three rural Quechua Wanca villages in the Andes of Peru. And when I say rural, I mean RURAL - like no potty! I spent my days in Peru learning to live a Quechua lifestyle in a rustic adobe house - cooking Peruvian foods, sewing with Quechua women, raising my chickens and goats and pigs, and planting my gardens. Now I live my life in small town Spain, serving other cross-cultural workers via teaching and training and care, and helping displaced people to navigate their new reality in Europe.
I'm passionate about fostering personal growth, growth in community, and growth in The Kingdom. Walking alongside others and helping them to use their unique design, their gifts and strengths and maximize their abilities to fulfill their God-given purpose - that's what makes my heart sing!